Free Choice Mineral Supplement for all Classes of Ruminants and Equine
P Mix (Phosphorus) is a Free Choice Mineral Supplement for all Classes of Ruminants and Equine. It assists with Growth and Reproduction.
- Phosphorus and calcium together make up 75% of the total amount of minerals in the bodies of farm animals, 90% of the minerals in the skeleton.
- Phosphorus is especially important as more bodily functions are tied to it than to any other nutrient. Besides building strong bones and teeth, it is an important part of many proteins, including the casein in milk.
- Phosphorus regulates enzyme activity and helps maintain vital pressure balance between cells.
- Phosphorus deficiency results in rickets in young animals, osteomalacia in older animals, reduced growth rates, reduced production and silent heats in cattle.
- Vitamin D is involved in kidney re-absorption of phosphorus and phosphorus deposition into bone.
- Excess calcium and magnesium decrease phosphorus absorption. Excess phosphorus may reduce feed intake, may have a slight laxative effect and in ruminants may contribute to urinary calculi.
- Excess phosphorus may result in lameness and spontaneous fractures of long bones.
Click Here for More Information
P Mix Organic - 25 Pound Bag - Item no. A151
P Mix Organic - 5 Pound Bag - Item no. P007
Directions: Offer Free Choice separate from other parts of the ration.
Note: Offer a Free Choice common white salt block or common white feed mixing salt with all ABC Free Choice products.